Balmain Boys Do Cry

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Brett Lee's son to run in Melbourne Cup

Who knew that there was a melbourne cup for greyhounds as well? I hope the jockeys are really small down there.

While Tony Lockett was building a reputation as Australian football's greatest goalkicker, his other passion was always greyhound racing.

And tomorrow night, his outstanding sprinter Hallucinate - successful in 23 of 38 starts - will contest the richest greyhound race in Australia - the Melbourne Cup.

Lockett bought and sold Hallucinate's sire, Brett Lee.

Plugger does love his dogs - I used to see him often in Centennial park of a morning when he was still playing and training, and I'd be out running my dog. Every other morning he'd puff as he went past - "I wish I had a dollar for every time that dog's been around this park".

Something tells me he probably has at least that.